Terms of Service
· Payment for the event will occur in the following fashion: A 100% deposit, paid at the time of booking, 50% refundable 50% nonrefundable. This is paid via Square invoice which will be sent to the above email to be paid via credit card, unless otherwise disclosed and included in pricing tab above.
· The client agrees to provide immediate notice upon cancellation of the event. If the client wishes to change the date or time of the event they understand that The Storybook Forest LLC may not be available for the changed date or time. In the event of a changed date or time The Storybook Forest LLC requires at least one week’s notice. Any later notice will result in the loss of deposit return ability.
· If is the responsibility of the client to inform the facility of the attendance of the The Storybook Forest LLC cast member(s) so that they are expecting us.
· The Storybook Forest LLC will always call upon or just before arrival; the client agrees to keep their contact phone number listed above available to answer the day and time of the event.
· We ask for your cooperation in supervising the children. The cast member does not count as a chaperone. We use a variety of redirection strategies to avoid unsafe behavior, and ask for your understanding, trust, and if necessary, assistance with any issues.
· We are used to dealing with many behaviors, however, if you see a child harming the cast in any way (i.e. pulling hair/wigs, biting, hitting, spitting etc.), or being destructive to costumes (gentle touching of features is okay, however picking apart, attempting to remove, or contact without PERMISSION from the cast member(s) is not!), we ask for your support in redirecting these behaviors. Remove the child from the immediate setting, explain, and return them. YOU, the signee, will be responsible for any costs regarding damage made to the costumes during your event.
· The major social behavior problem that The Storybook Forest LLC encounters time and again is the ‘call out’. Children often enjoy ‘calling out’ the cast member for being a ‘fake’ mermaid, princess, hero, etc. This behavior can completely ruin the magic for the other guests. Please, if you see this behavior from a child, the steps are as follows: intervene (interrupt the behavior), remove (take the child away from the group), explain (correct the behavior), and return (bring the child back to the group). (We know that not everyone believes in real mermaids, etc., but one child’s fussing can ruin the rest, and we hope you aspire for as magical an experience as we do).
· Our cast of highly trained actors and children’s entertainers are there to make magic happen. Please do not interact with the actors in a way that would indicate a break of character. Ex: Snow White does not know what a cell phone is. Ex: The Pirate does not know how to operate a camera. Any business transactions or event explanations need to happen on the arrival of the cast, before they enter the event itself, in private if possible, so as to guarantee the magic.
· Should the case be that the event is large scale, or has several cast members, The Storybook Forest LLC requires a private, lockable room for storage of costumes, items, or equipment that is near the space of the event.
· Special Services:
o Mermaid Performance
§ During pool parties, The Storybook Forest LLC must be able to secure a private area to change so that the children do not see us out of costume. This place, and the travel distance to and from the entrance to your venue, must be clear of guests during arrival/departure of the mermaid. This maintains the magic.
§ We ask that you not enter the pool until your booked time as venues typically allow us to enter early and wait for party guests. If the event is in your home, please keep the children together in an area where we will be out of sight, until we are set up.
§ Mermaids and Pirates are not Lifeguards (We actually are, but we do not count as lifeguards during your event.) Keep your eyes on your children during the swim and around the pool. Lifeguards and adults are responsible for this task, costumed characters are encumbered and less able to assist in case of a water emergency.
§ If your little one wishes to wear a tail in the pool with the mermaid, we will perform a test before the swim to watch them. If any child fails the test, they will not wear the tail during the event. There are no exceptions to this rule, it is pass or fail. We understand that the spandex tails your children have are fun, but they are NOT toys, they are FITNESS EQUIPMENT, and will be treated as such by The Storybook Forest LLC staff.
§ If your event involves a transition to or from the water, we ask for your patience. This can take up to 10 minutes for costume management.
o Photography Services
§ When using our photography services, please point out anyone of special importance to the photographer. The client agrees that any photographs taken at the event by our staff may be used for public media purposes of any kind, in any context. If there is a guest who does not wish to be published in our photos, the client agrees to inform the photographer in advance, to avoid any unwanted published faces. Photos of your event will be sent to you in the form of an online album up to two weeks after your event. The child guests are not to attack, or harm the photographer in any way. The client is fully responsible for any damage to equipment during the event.
o Face Painting Services
§ The client agrees to provide a safe space in which the painters can work, with enough room to set up their table and chairs, and safely place their supplies where they will not be tampered with during the event. The client understands that face painting takes time, and in the case that there are a high volume of guests, that it is possible that not all guests will get their faces painted, should the amount of time arranged for limit the painters this way. The client is fully responsible for any damage to supplies during the event.
· By agreeing to hire The Storybook Forest LLC the client agrees and understands that there are inherent dangers when swimming in a pool, running at the park, or playing games in your home. While life guards, other adults, cast members, and staff all work together to ensure the safety of the children, when it comes to the The Storybook Forest LLC company, you understand that Character participation is your decision, and you accept all responsibility. You agree to not bring any charges or claims against Rose Watkins or The Storybook Forest LLC.
Questions about the content you may have found here?
Please reach out to us by clicking the button below: